The Top 2023 Pool Trends To Watch Out For
March 2, 2023
It’s no secret that pools have become the backbone of the quintessential Aussie outdoor lifestyle with approximately 2.7 million Australian households owning a swimming pool as of 2018 according to Roy Morgan. So if you’re currently considering building your own backyard haven, we’ve rounded up a quick list of the top 2023 pool trends you can take inspiration from to maximise your investment.
Space-saving pool designs for small backyards
Plunge pools and modern space-saving pool designs are sooo in this 2023 due to the following reasons:
- Lack of space – According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics, block sizes have shrunk by 22% in Australia’s capital cities over the past 15 years. The biggest change has been in Sydney. From an average of 654 square metres area of land in 2005, it shrunk to 447 square metres in 2020, which means Sydneysiders have, on average, lost a third of the available land.
One of the smallest pools we did recently is a bright blue plunge pool in North Bondi. Space is scarce in the Eastern Suburbs so we helped the owners by drawing from our knowledge of modern and space saver pool designs. The result? A stylish and fully tiled aquatic haven complete with a water feature and glass window.
- Affordability – Since a small pool costs less to landscape with less fencing, paving and surrounding costs, you can spend more on the pool and make it an incredible feature piece. Imagine enhanced decorative touches including finer finishes like fully tiled interiors, heating, and in-floor cleaning systems.
Plunge pools are so popular these days, we feature three plunge pools in our newly-renovated flagship showroom in Lansvale with the small one called the White Haven being so incredibly wonderful with its 3.4m x 3.7m size. Glass window panel is becoming increasingly popular as well for those with sloping blocks.
- Lifestyle – As Australia’s largest pool builder with over 80,000 pools built, we found that there are also owners with large backyards who prefer a space-saving modern pool or plunge pool to allocate more area for grass and lifestyle. Most children love to kick a ball around, bounce on a trampoline, play in a cubby house and run around playing cops and robbers.
So at the end of the day, it depends on your needs and limitations as a homeowner. Pools are an extension of our lifestyles, and when we speak of lifestyles, it’s all about our own definition of happiness and comfort. One thing’s for sure, a plunge pool suits EVERY backyard.
Smart pool and maintenance technology
- Imagine pressing a button and instantly, you can adjust your pool’s temperature, set ambient music to play, and control everything from the lighting to the chlorine levels. Smart pool technology is for you if you’ve ever fantasised about arriving home and diving right into your heated pool while your favourite music is playing. Picture this: LED lighting illuminates the water in a range of colours, while smart technology allows you to monitor and control your pool from anywhere, at any time. Enjoy round-the-clock remote monitoring and top-of-the-line automation set to enhance not only your pool experience but also increase your pool’s security, comfort, and convenience.
- Take the hassle out of pool maintenance with in-floor cleaning systems – the ultimate solution for crystal-clear pool water. These cutting-edge systems are designed to keep your pool sparkling clean and free from debris by eliminating the need for traditional skimmers. Instead, the system circulates the water throughout the pool, removing dirt, leaves, and other debris with ease. With this innovative technology, you’ll spend less time cleaning your pool and more time enjoying it.
Splash decks, or shallow areas with a built-in edge where you can sit in a chair and dip your toes in the water, are another pool trend to know this 2023. Your kids will absolutely enjoy playing in the shallow water whilst your family is unwinding on the weekend at home.
But splash decks are not just for playing and lounging. With the introduction of bubbler jets on the floor, these decks can transform into magnificent water features, turning any backyard into a luxurious oasis.
Pro tip: If you’re thinking about adding a splash deck, consider placing it close to your existing pavilion or lounge area so that, if you don’t feel like lounging in the Australian sun, you can dip your feet into the water under cover!
It takes considerable thought to create the pool of your dreams. Fortunately, the team at Blue Haven Pools & Spas will guide you through it step-by-step. Get in touch with us today and let’s talk about building your dream backyard oasis.