5 tips for a fuss free swimming pool build
April 29, 2015
Building a swimming pool is like building a house – it is exciting but can be stressful. Like a home, plans need to be drawn up, council approval gained, materials sourced and builders briefed. Even with the most experienced of pool builders there can be hiccups along the way. Here Blue Haven Pools gives you their top five tips for a fuss free swimming pool build.
1. Research. If you’re seriously in the market for a new swimming pool you should know your fibreglass options from your concrete, and your infinity pools from your plunge pools. Have a dedicated folder with styles, shapes and materials that your love so that when you show your swimming pool builder you can be sure he shares your vision for what you would like.
2. Budget. How expensive is a swimming pool? Well how long is a piece of string? Depending on the materials they are made from, permanent swimming pools can cost anywhere from $20,000 to $1 million. Be sure to know exactly what you can afford and what the inclusions will be for your final quoted price.
3. Planning. Plan, plan and then plan some more. In the case of building a swimming pool it’s better to over plan than to under plan. As well as doing your research on the type of swimming pool you want for your home, it’s critical to do due diligence on the swimming pool builder you select for the job. While price is often a deciding factor for many swimming pool buyers, a cheaply built swimming pool can cause a lot of problems down the track. It is important to look at the builder and company’s experience – how long have they been building swimming pools for? What is their portfolio like? What type of guarantee do they give for their work?
4. Timing. While you probably are eagerly awaiting the completion of your swimming pool, don’t rush things. Allow time for the appropriate approvals to take place and any materials or weather delays.
5. Communication. Communication is the key to a swimming pool running smoothly. Be upfront with your builder in terms of your needs and expectations and this will hopefully result in a more streamlined process.