Rolling around once a year to celebrate all that we love about our sunburnt country, Australia Day is generally a sweltering mix of sizzling temperatures, a few beers with friends, snags on the barbie and the odd game of backyard cricket.
Arguably though there is no better way to celebrate Australia Day than by hosting a pool party with friends.
To ensure your pool party this Australia Day is a success, here is a list of 9 Aussie essentials to ensure it is a success.
- Australian Flags: Wave your Aussie flags high, drape them around the pool or fence. Australian flag bunting is available and can be hung to celebrate our national holiday.
- Temporary Tattoos: Temporary tattoos are a fun way for children and guests to get in the spirit of the celebrations!
- Esky: No Aussie party would be complete without the iconic esky in the corner to keep drinks cool.
- Sausage sizzle: An Aussie favourite – sausages in bread with lashings of tomato sauce. No Australia Day party would be complete without it!
- Novelty accessories: Since Australia Day is generally celebrated during the day Australian flag sunglasses, hats and tees are a must. Akubras and cork hats are also in keeping with the traditional celebrations. Serve drinks to your guests in Australian Flag stubby holders.
- Vegemite: A plate of vegemite sandwiches is easy to prepare and will go down a treat with your Australia Day guests.
- Inflatable thong: A must-have item for an Australia Day party and will ensure hours of fun in the pool.
- Lamingtons and Pavlova: Classic Aussie sweet treats that are an iconic national dessert.
- Green and gold zinc: Encourage your guests to wear their green and gold zinc loud and proud!